Friday, May 20, 2016

Rejection and Forward

Post in Baby Blue

Got a letter from FedLoan Servicing stating that "We were unable to process your request. You may still have options."

After doing what the dude guy told me to do, I get this:

"We reviewed your income-Driven Repayment (IDR) plan form and denied your request for the following reasons:

Not Eligible Yet. Your student loans serviced by us are currently on a deferment or forbearance, but you provided conflicting information."

So I called. At 12:25 p.m. on 5/20/16 I talked to Quay. She said I skipped section 4A and left it blank. So I need to send a completed form. And then we talked some more and she said this needs to be recalculated. Because I don't make $55,000. She had no idea why my repayment was so high. So I was on hold for a while and she came back and told me that they think I made per week what my pay stub said I make every two weeks. So, even though the top of my pay stub has a two week period on it, they assumed it was for one week. 

Morons.

She said she put it in IBR review and it was submitted today. She said I should hear something in 10-15 business days. This Quay person said that I should be paying $117/month. Second person to tell me it wasn't $400 worth. 

So now, we wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment