Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Day Anfangen

I start today - in Blue.

It's been a battle since I graduated in 1997 to pay back student loans. I was with the government initially, then I consolidated and paid Sallie Mae, and now I'm with FedLoan Servicing. FedLoan Servicing was recommended by a close friend of mine who is also paying back her student loans. I will sit with her at some point and chat as to how she's coping with her rising cost of repayment plus keeping her bills paid. I will call her Sue.

I had a really, really good payment per month last year. For 12 months. It was perfect for my bills and other costs I had with my life. Now I'm hit with a $400/month bill, which is 1/2 my take home. I called and told them I can't pay this. The woman said she could lower it to $308, which is still too high. How can I go from paying $118.60 a month to $400??? That is my battle. My solution to this blog will finally be a way to make sure that every year my monthly payments are NOT half my paycheck and NOT outrageously high. That is the goal. I open the blog comments to anyone else who personally is dealing with paying back student loans and has found a way to find reasonable payments per month. That is the goal. The goal is not to battle every year for a reasonable price per month. There has to be a way. 

There has to be.

I'm not the only person re-paying student loans to FedLoan Servicing.

I can't be.

And so....it starts....

No comments:

Post a Comment