Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Call From Help

Today's post is bold -

So I got a call from a New York number, and I ain't got a lot of people in New York. Thems the people who are broke as anything trying to make it on Broadway. So, yeah, they're not calling me.

At any rate they left a message - it was E. Corr from Direct Student Loan Relief. The message says they work directly with FedLoan Servicing, and explained who FedLoan was. They said they heard that I was seeking help with my student loans and would try to help me qualify for the Forgiveness Program and get me on the IBR with 60% or more less payments per month.

My immediate thought - 

I'm dealing directly with FedLoan Servicing. What deal do they have with FedLoan Servicing to get me 60% or less per month? What's the scam? Why can't I deal directly with FedLoan Servicing to lower my payments? What's the catch? What's the deal? Is this like Debt Consolidation where they call the people for me and magically there's a lower rate and I pay that company to pay all of the other companies off? Is that it?

I'm curious......

No comments:

Post a Comment