Thursday, June 23, 2016

Are We Finished Yet?

A post in bold purple.

So, I opened the letter. I waited a day after I got the awful-looking envelope from FedLoan Servicing and opened it.

Income-Driven Repayment Plan Recalculated.

No shit.

"We recalculated your monthly payment for your Income-based Repayment (IBR) plan. We used the income documentation and the family size you provided to determine your monthly payment of $189.76 which is first due on 7/5/2016.

Now, really, had they just made common sense of all the other documentation I sent them before, we wouldn't have this revelation now, after a few months of me not making payments towards my Forgiveness program.

About 3 months prior to 7/1/2017 we will send you notification letting you know that you are due to recertify (complete a new application and provide updated income documentation.)

Only if you remember to send the actual application, idiots.

If you do not recertify or you no longer have a partial financial hardship, your payment amount will be $832.06.

That's my whole paycheck. So no, they're not getting that.

I'm so sick of this, really. I do not advise my nieces to take out student loans in the future. This is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment